Flu got you down? While rest and hydration are your best bet, these natural flu remedies may alleviate some of your symptoms.
- Oregano Oil –Taking a few drops of oregano oil may help with respiratory, stomach, and digestion issues. Oregano oil is said to have antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Gargling with Salt Water- If you have a sore throat, try gargling with salt water. The salt kills bacteria and eases soreness. To make salt water, bring a cup of water to boil with a teaspoon of salt. Allow the salt water to cool before gargling.
- Flush Your Nose Out with Salt Water- Using a Neti-Pot to flush your nose out is a great way to ease congestion and loosen up mucus. Fill it with salt water for maximum benefits.
- Menthol Rub- Breathe easier by putting some menthol rub on your chest or under your nose.
- Take Ginger- Ginger is great for nausea or an upset stomach. Chew on the candied version or make your own ginger tea.
- Have Some Garlic- Garlic has antibiotic and antiviral properties, plus it’s an expectorant so it may help stop a nasty cough.
- Drink a Honey, Lemon, Cinnamon Tea- Honey and lemon may help strengthen your immune system while cinnamon is a warming spice, which may aid in breaking a fever.