While you may be tempted to curl up with a blanket and a good book in this cooler weather, Fall and Winter months are actually the best time to start a new workout routine! Here’s why.
- Better weather! Seriously, if indoor workouts aren’t your thing, take advantage of the gorgeous Fall and Winter weather us Houstonians love oh so much.
- If you suffer from seasonal depression, Fall and Winter workouts may help ease it. Workouts cause your brain to release chemicals called serotonin and dopamine, which can help reduce anxiety and depression and boost wellbeing.
- You may be less likely to experience Winter weight gain, while still being able to indulge in your favorite holiday treats (everything in moderation, of course!).
- Colder weather means less sweating! But, don’t forget to keep hydrating!
- You’ll have a leg up on the competition 😉 Ever heard the phrase, Summer bodies are built in the Winter? Statistically, most people give up on their workout routine during the Fall and Winter seasons due to holidays and travel, but if you choose to keep at it, you’ll be looking and feeling your best when temperatures start rising again.