Published by Next Level Urgent Care on August 25th, 2015
A hospital emergency room can be a place fraught with stress and insecurity especially if you – or your little one! – is in pain. Our urgent care facilities offer an excellent alternative. Here’s why:
Patients need as comprehensive a level of care as possible, and that is inversely proportionate to the level of their emergency. ERs are rushed, crowded places, and urgent care centers (UCCs) carry several other benefits for nonemergent conditions:
1) They’re cost effective. UCC patients pay a fifth of ER costs.
2) The setting is typically more relaxed, less rushed, giving practitioners enough time to truly evaluate a patient's condition and recommend the best course of action.
3) UCCs have higher resources. They’re not overcrowded, which reduces wait times. Thirty-five percent of ER visits could have been treated faster at a lower cost.
4) UCCs tend to be more accessible because 10% of them are found in rural areas. This means patients without emergent conditions can get treatment far faster than they would otherwise be able to via emergency rooms.
5) Physicians are increasingly being certified and trained specifically for urgent care speciality, which gives them far more expertise at treating the kind of patients who use UCCs.
Studies show that treatment outcomes are heavily reliant on the amount of time a medical practitioner spends with their patients. One-on-one time with a doctor is invaluable to your health, and doctors’ stress levels have much to do with how quickly you recover. It’s therefore imperative to choose the correct clinic or hospital for your condition. Many patients use emergency rooms purely because they’re open after hours, and because there is not enough awareness of urgent care facilities. When you need care for conditions that aren’t life-threatening, urgent care clinics are often the best after-hours option.
Next Level Urgent Care offers a wide range of benefits you’ll rarely experience at the emergency room of your local hospital. This is a very comforting thought when dealing with those minor – and sometimes major! – aches and pains that are bothering you or one of your loved ones.
Here is why:
"Being a new Houston resident and not having a PCP as of yet, when it became apparent that I needed to see a doctor, I let the great reviews of Next Level Urgent Care lure me in...I was not disappointed!"
Great experience! The nurse was really nice and the doctor was great with our 3 year old. They were thorough and spend plenty of time with us. We will definitely be coming back if we ever need urgent care again.
I have had the great fortune of being misfortunate enough to visit this place twice in the last two months. Their service far exceeded my expectations.