- Like red and white wine, champagne may improve your heart health. Champagne is made from red and white grapes, which contain antioxidants that prevent damage to blood vessels and reduce bad cholesterol. This may lower your risk of heart illnesses and strokes.
- Drinking champagne may improve your short term memory according to a study performed at the University of Columbia.
- Champagne boosts your mood. This is due to the magnesium, potassium, and zinc it contains!
- Champagne is lower in calories than wine! A serving of champagne is only 80 calories, while a serving of red or white wine is 120 calories.
- Champagne can lower your risk of diabetes. A few studies have concluded that champagne and other wines can lower your risk of diabetes by 13 percent.
- Champagne may lower your risk of dementia. A study done in Pittsburgh showed that the risk for dementia was almost halved for those who drank moderate quantities of champagne.
Although these benefits may make it tempting to overindulge, remember that the key with champagne, as with any other alcoholic drink, is moderation!
We hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2020!