If you have an essential job and cannot stay home, there are a few steps you can take to stay healthy.
- The most important step for preventing the spread of COVID-19, or any illness for that matter, is to wash your hands often. Proper handwashing or the use of hand sanitizer if soap and water is not available can prevent the spread of germs from surface to surface.
- Avoid contact with people, keeping 6 feet away from others if possible.
- If you are working with sick individuals, wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Take your temperature in the morning and in the evening. If you have a fever, (temperature of 100.4˚F or above) stay home.
- If you feel sick at all, or are experiencing cough, fever, or shortness of breath, stay home!
Guidelines for returning to work or going out after being sick:
- You can return to work if you haven’t had a fever for three days without the use of fever reducer medication -AND- it has been at least 7 days since the onset of your symptoms.
- If you must go out while you are sick, wear a mask to avoid spreading your illness to others.