Benefits of Coffee4/11/2019 12:00:00 AM
There is need to cut out your morning cup of joe. Here are some reasons why:
1. Coffee makes you smarter. That’s right, caffeine has been shown to increase brain function, including memory, mood vigilance, energy levels, and reaction times.
2. Coffee burns fat. It’s no wonder why caffeine is found in nearly all commercial fat-burning supplements. It’s a natural substance that has been found to boost your metabolism by 3-8%.
3. Coffee can improve physical performance. Caffeine signals the release of epinephrine levels in your blood, which prepares your body for intense physical activity. Studies have shown that physical performance after coffee drinking improves by 11-12% on average.
4. Coffee contains essential nutrients. One cup of coffee contains Vitamin B12, Vitamin B5, Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium, and Niacin.
5. Coffee may lower your risk of type 2 diabetes. Several observational studies have concluded that a cup of coffee a day reduces your risk of type 2 diabetes, a condition that affects millions worldwide.
6. Coffee may protect you from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Several studies have concluded that coffee drinkers have up to a 65% lower risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
7. Coffee may protect your liver. Those who drink 4 cups of a coffee a day may be excited to know that they have up to an 80% lower risk of cirrhosis.
8. Coffee may lower your risk of certain types of cancer. Coffee has been proven protective against liver and colorectal cancer. Those who drink coffee have up to a 40% lower risk of liver cancer and 15% lower risk of colorectal cancer.
9. Coffee is the greatest source of antioxidants in the Western diet. About 1000 antioxidants have been identified in raw coffee beans and hundreds more develop during the roasting process. Coffee has even more antioxidants than green tea and cocoa!
10. Coffee can increase happiness. Okay- this one might not be completely research-based, but I mean, who doesn’t smile at the thought of piping hot, delicious coffee?
In conclusion, tell those coffee haters goodbye and sip your coffee in peace, knowing that you are actually doing a good thing for your body!
For more information about the health benefits of coffee, visit: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/top-13-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coffee#section14