Holiday travel doesn’t have to get in the way of your health!
Try out these tips to stay on track this holiday season.
- Incorporate exercise into your travel plans. Walking, hiking, or biking tours are a great way to get a workout in while exploring a new place.
- Have a Partying Plan! If you plan to go out, drink water in between each alcoholic beverage you consume to avoid going overboard and drinking your calories.
- Buy groceries when available. Especially if you have access to a kitchen, making a few meals during your trip is a great way to avoid the excess calories and sodium that come with going out to eat. If you don’t have access to a kitchen, consider buying some fruit and trail mix to have as snacks throughout the day so you’re not starving when you finally get to a restaurant.
- Take the stairs! Get a quick glute workout in by opting to take the stairs instead of using the elevator throughout your trip.
- Hydrate! Drink at least 8 cups of water per day. If plain water isn’t your thing, you can try a decaffeinated tea or a simple spa water.
Remember that if you slip up with your health and fitness plan, you can always start again. We hope everyone has safe and enjoyable travels this holiday season!